I’m listening to the press conference live. Here’s a series of note I’m taking while it’s going on.
1) Cabrera is resuming baseball activities tomorrow (Friday)
2) Cabrera is giving his statement mostly in Spanish. He apologized in English.
3) He says he was on his way to Lakeland and couldn’t elaborate on what happened because of the legalities.
4) He said this was an isolated instance when it was asked when he began drinking again.
5) He said he hadn’t used the car in a few months and he said it just broke down.
6) He was asked about how Josh Hamilton has someone with him at all times to avoid a relapse and that this is something Cabrera is looking at.
7) When asked if he has an alcohol problem, he said that he’s not a doctor and wouldn’t comment.
8) He said he’d do everything possible to restore his teammates faith in him.
9) He doesn’t plan on have a big meeting to apologize to the team, he’s going to go to each team member and apologize face to face.
10) The feed stopped at about the thirteen minute mark. Not sure if this was my computer or a problem at the press conference.
11) Now it’s saying it ended.